• Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
    Pop Culture Beast proudly supports The Trevor Project
    Please consider doing the same.

    Total Recall Review




    If I had to sum up my review of Total Recall in one word it would be "meh."

    "Meh" would mean that I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I wouldn't see it again, but in a few years if it is on TNT and I am flipping through channels I might pause for an extra 5 seconds before flipping to the next channel.

    I think the original Total Recall (1990) is really great. I remember thinking "oh another Arnold Schwarzenegger action movie," but I found myself enjoying it a lot especially the ambiguity of reality throughout it.

    However, the remake is nothing like that. First off, there are so many lens flares that it would make J.J. Abrams blush. At times the flares make it hard to tell what is exactly going on. Besides these, the movie looks phenomenal! The shots are really cool as well as the colors and tones. They look has a bit of a Bladerunner feel to it.

    My main problem was that the movie didn't feel like anything new. It wasn't anything I hadn't seen before. I know that sounds stupid because it is a remake, but it feels like any other action movie: a car chase, cheesy dialogue, convoluted plot points, and Jessica Biel.

    The best part about the movie is Bryan Cranston, who should have had more screen time. He was a great villain and stole what little of a show there was.

    Total Recall gets a 5 out of 10 Rekalls!

    0 PC Beasts Commented:

    Post a Comment

     

    Popular Posts

    Blog Archive

    Experience

    Subscribe to PCB!

    Disclaimer

    All images, characters, and related material are copyrighted by their respective owner(s).

    Pop Culture Beast receives NO monetary or gratuitous compensation for our reviews outside of ad and affiliate revenue. We do, however, review materials and products provided to us by PR Firms, Studios, Record Labels, Publishers, Artists, Affiliates, etc.

    This has absolutely no influence on the outcome of our reviews.

    We pride ourselves on our honesty and our integrity. We do not, and will not, accept financial compensation from any individual involved with any of the items we cover on this site.

    All work © 2007 - 2010 Pop Culture Beast, Garon Cockrell, and/or the author of the specific entry.

    Meet The Author

    Twitter Updates